Qualtrics is a research survey suite available for Washington University faculty and staff through a university-wide site license. This tool will make it easier for members of the campus community to build, share, distribute and collect results from online surveys.
Support and Training
WashU provides users with support from Qualtrics. Support is available 24/7 at 1-800-340-9194 or through the Help menu within Qualtrics. You will be required to create a free support account using your WashU email address.
Vist Learn the XM Platform or view Qualtrics Training through the Help button within Qualtrics.
Qualtrics Survey Best Practices (PDF) – Prevent emails from appearing as spam to survey recipients.
Currently accessing chat support in Qualtrics is a multi-step process, outlined below:
- Select Help from the top menu bar in Qualtrics
- Select Contact Support
- Select Sign in with SSO
- Enter wustl in the Organization ID field and select Continue
- Select the appropriate category to continue to Qualtrics chat support
Be sure to follow university policies when storing and deleting data, including encryption of all personal health information (PHI).
The software is strictly limited to purposes that support the mission of the university, including but not limited to academic and research purposes. Large university-wide surveys of WashU faculty and/or students require advance approval from the Office of the Provost. For any survey we encourage sampling to avoid survey fatigue. Any user who violates this rule will have their account terminated.
Consider legal, regulatory, and university policy requirements when collecting sensitive data. If unsure wether or not your survey questions contain or request sensitive data, contact these departments for guidance.
- HIPAA Privacy Office for Protected Health Information (HIPAA)
- University Registrar for Protected Student Information (FERPA)
- Information Security, including Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Human Research Protection Office for the use of Qualtrics in human research studies
Qualtrics is limited to university related activities, such as academic teaching or research. The use of Qualtrics for personal activities is prohibited.