HRMS, AIS, and WebFOCUS systems have been retired.
Users no longer have access to HRMS, AIS, and WebFOCUS.
We strongly encourage you to view a demo recording for how to access these reports if you have not already done so. Thank you to those of you who have already attended demos and are now using Cognos to continue their work.
All data has been retained as follows:
Cognos (Data Warehouse) contains historical data that is currently accessed from HRMS, AIS and WebFocus systems and includes the following tools:
- Canned Reports
- Data Packages for Cognos report writers
- New AIS Cognos reports to replace inquiry screens
- A complete backup of legacy data for retention and compliance purposes will be retained, in addition to the modeled data in Cognos.
- Requests to access the Data Archive, primarily for regulatory and compliance purposes, will be submitted to Data Management and fulfilled by Enterprise Applications on a case-by-case basis.
- HRMS and AIS electronic images have been migrated to a cloud repository.
- Information on how to request these documents is in the FAQ below.
Recorded HRMS and AIS demos are provided via Learn@Work and can be viewed at any time. These demos show previous HRMS, AIS, and WebFocus inquiry users how to access, download, and share reports using Cognos. Again, we encourage you to view these demos if you have not already done so.
For how to request access, see the FAQ below.
Cognos training is available online for previous HRMS, AIS and/or WebFocus system users. Face-to-face training is available on request.
- Cognos Basics – Basic e-learning module required for all Cognos users of all types.
- Cognos Analytics: Managing Shared Reports – for users who need to run, but do not write, reports.
FAQs and Tips
To request legacy financial electronic images, such as invoices, check requests, and travel reports, contact FINImageRequest@email.wustl.edu and include the following information for each image requested:
- Name (as listed on the invoice, check request, travel report, etc.)
- Amount (in $)
- Document # (Invoice #, CR#, TR#, etc.)
- Image Index Number
If you or a member of your team needs access to any of the following electronic images from HRMS, contact HR Operations at HROpsServices@email.wustl.edu.
- Benefits Summary
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Care Summary
- Retirement Savings Summary
- Faculty Titles and Salary
Payroll and Compensation
- PDF W-2/W-2C Forms
- Paycheck Information
- I-9 Form
- Licenses and Certifications
- Personal Information Summary
- Leave Balances
- Payable Time Detail
If you receive a subpoena or credentialing request, submit your deadline and requested information to HR Operations at HROpsServices@email.wustl.edu. If including other recipients in the email (To: line), ensure HR Operations is the first email address listed.
- Cognos 11.2 Quick Start Guide (new interface)
- Cognos Upgrade page
- How to save a Report View (saves your prompt selections – different than just saving a report)
- Cognos Demo Recording for AIS
- Cognos Demo Recording for HRMS
You may request access to Cognos from Data Management here.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Please contact us with questions or concerns.