Submitted by Lisa Jordan
With the goal of enhancing the customer experience, the WashU IT Service Desk team is focused on sharpening foundational skills within ticketing, phone calls, teamwork, and communication.
What we are doing:
- ServiceNow – ensure consistent ticketing and trusted outcomes with the use of ticket templates, using the action / outcome format for documenting troubleshooting, using the Knowledge Base, and ensuring tickets assigned to us are updated timely in accordance to SLA standards.
- Phone standards – provide consistent phone calls and customer experience with the use of phone scripts to open and close the calls as well as ongoing technician training to cover items such as phone etiquette, handling difficult callers, controlling the conversation, and proactive support.
- Teamwork – achieve consistency across the team and work together to support each other with the use of Microsoft Teams for all questions, collaboration, and knowledge sharing.
- Communication – communicate effectively and often with the mindset that feedback is a gift.
How we are doing it:
- Check-ins – random call and ticket checks for all technicians to ensure consistency and standards are being met.
- Revamped tech training – dedicated trainers and overhauled curriculum to ensure technicians are set for success from the very start. This updated training has also expedited the training process so technicians are up to speed and ready to take calls faster.
- Clear expectations and standards, communicated and documented for everyone.
Through these efforts and others, our goal is to provide cohesive, proactive support to become a valued partner.