Washington University Information Technology updated the ServiceNow self-service portal on Saturday, December 11, 9 p.m. – 11 p.m. Please note that this update does not apply to the legacy ServiceNow (wusm.service-now.com).
The update brings more functionality to the portal landing page for users to conveniently navigate to their desired content. Requests for services and equipment, reported issues (IT or Workday), and items awaiting approval, appear on the portal landing page.
The updated ServiceNow Self-Service Portal User Guide is available on the WashU IT ServiceNow page.
What has Changed?
Top of the Portal
To declutter the top navigation bar, “Broken” has been removed.
Middle of the Portal
Navigation buttons have been added to the middle of the portal:
- IT Services – Browse the IT services catalog
- Workday Services – Browse the Workday services catalog
- IT Self-Help – Find IT help articles and guidance
- Workday Self-Help – Find Workday help and training
- System Status – See if systems are having issues
- Something Broken – Contact support for assistance with any system
Bottom of the Portal
Portlets have been added to the bottom of the portal. Depending on your role in ServiceNow and the items that you have submitted, your portlets may appear differently than what is pictured above.
- Pending Support – Emails to email@example.com, phone calls to 314-933-3333 and submitted issues through the ServiceNow self-service portal will first create a Call record.
- My Open Incidents – Call records converted to an incident (unplanned interruption to a service or a reduction in the quality of a service) by a technician will appear in this portlet.
- My Requests – Submissions from the IT services catalog and Workday services catalog and Call records converted to a request (a request from a customer initiates a service action which is a normal part of service delivery) will appear in this portlet.
- You can select the “View” down arrow under “My Requests” to select to view closed requests.
- Use the search bar under “My Requests” to enter search terms to search for a specific request.
- Select Show More Requests at the bottom to see additional requests.
- My Approvals – Operational and budgetary approvers will see any requests that are pending an approval in this portlet.
- Select the red colored text to see more details, or approve or reject directly from the portlet. Select Next to view more approvals.
Select the red colored text in any portlet to see more details about the item.
Have questions? Email or call us, referencing CHG0038732.
For urgent issues, please call us at (314) 933-3333.
We appreciate your patience as we enhance our services.
Visit our Status Page for the current status and planned maintenance of WashU IT services.