How do I share files with an external collaborator?
Below are the recommended steps for sharing files with someone outside of the university:
- In the Box Web interface, create a new folder and insert all files that you wish to share.
- Select the “Share this Folder” button for the folder.
- Enter the email address for each person that you want to collaborate with.
- Each will receive an email inviting them to collaborate. This email will also contain instructions on creating a new personal Box account if they do not already have one. Once an individual accepts the invitation to collaborate, he/she can access the specified content based on the collaboration permissions you have enabled.
- You will receive an email notification when collaborators have accepted the invitation.
Return to Box.