Box for Office is an integration tool for Microsoft Office 2010 or higher for Windows 7 or higher, only. It allows Washington University users to open Box files directly from within the Windows Microsoft Office Desktop applications.
To setup Box for Office, follow the instructions below:
- Download the Box for Office app from this Box download page.
- Run the .exe file that is downloaded and complete the installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open your desired Office app (such as Microsoft Word)
- Navigate to the “Open file” portion of the app, and look for the new “Box” location
- Click on “Box” and then click “Sign in”
- Click “Use Single Sign On (SSO)”
- Enter in your @wustl.edu email address and click “Authorize”
- When prompted, enter in your WUSTL Key username and password
You will now be able to view, open, and edit your Box files from directly inside of Office applications.