Box Drive is a tool that lets Washington University users access all Box content on their laptop or desktop computer without having to “sync” all of the data down to their computer. Box Drive delivers an experience similar to a traditional network file share, but with quick access to Box’s advanced search, sharing, and collaboration tools.
Important notes about Box Drive:
- Box Drive is a replacement for Box Sync. If you currently use Box Sync, you must un-install Box Sync before you install Box Drive
- Box Drive is available only for Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit), or Windows 7 (only with the latest Windows 7 Professional & Enterprise), and the latest two versions of Mac OS. Visit Installing and Updating Box Drive.
- If you are storing HIPAA or FERPA protected data in your Box account, you should only install Box Drive on devices that have local disk encryption enabled. If you are unsure if your computer has local disk encryption, please contact your local IT support desk.
To get started with Box Drive, take the following steps:
- Download and install Box Drive from the Box Download Page
- Run the Box Drive installer and complete the installation process
- When prompted to login, enter your @wustl.edu email address (Note: do not use your department email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click “Log In”
- When prompted, enter your WUSTL Key username and password
Want to learn more about Box Drive? Check out these resources from Box: