WUSTL Box supports real-time co-authoring through Box for Office Online. This allows Washington University users to edit Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents simultaneously via web browsers.
To use this feature, follow the instructions below:
- Login to WUSTL Box in a web browser and create a shared folder by adding collaborators
- Upload a Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, or Excel file to the shared folder
- Next to the file you want to live collaborate on, click the actions (…) button, click, Open With, then click Word Online (…Excel Online, etc.)
- Your document will open in a new tab in your web browser and you can make edit (Note: Your file is continuously saved as you edit it. When you are finished editing, simply close the browser tab.)
- Other people can open the file the same way, and you can each edit the file simultaneously