WashU IT is implementing a new phone system for some support groups on November 2, 2022, at 8 p.m. CST. There is no outage expected during the implementation.
The new phone system, Five9, allows us to implement features that are beneficial to our customers. When you call the Service Desk (314-933-3333), Workday Support Line (314-935-WDAY), Systems and Procedures (314-935-5707), and the campus operator (314-935-5000) after the new system is implemented, you may notice the following:
- Ability to speak your selections
- Example: Press 1 for patient safety or say “patient safety.”
- Queue call back option
- If an agent is not immediately available to take your call, you can hold your place in the queue and receive a call back when an agent is available.
- Verification for WUSTL Key password resets
- To streamline the process, you are prompted to enter the numeric portion of your employee ID, birthdate (month and day only), and last four of your SSN before connecting to an agent.
- The automated voice presenting the options has changed
- The options for the Service Desk will remain the same (option 1 for patient safety, option 2 for WUSTL Key password resets, option 3 for Workday, and option 4 for other issues)
In the future, we intend to add additional features that will be valuable to our customers.
Have questions? Email or call us, referencing CHG0043062.
For urgent issues, please call us at (314) 933-3333.