Enrollment Instructions for Washington University users.
- Enrollment in WashU 2FA is simple. Visit the WashU 2FA enrollment wizard.
- Choose when you want the protection applied. The default setting is Only enforce when accessing WashU WUSTL Key enabled websites while outside of the WashU network (off – campus). However, you have the option to choose Always enforce, whether on or off campus.
- Select Save Changes.
DUO Passcode authentication, described below, is only applicable for individuals with an approved DUO Exception Request from the Office of Information Security. Please see Can I Still Use Passcode Authentication for more information.
For the best experience, we recommend using the DUO Mobile app on your smartphone or mobile device to authenticate quickly and easily.
- Search for Duo Mobile where you download your mobile apps and then install the app on your device.
You can authenticate without a mobile device or cell service using a landline phone or a pre-generated passcode.
- After installing the app on your device, return to the WashU 2FA enrollment wizard.
- Under the Information section, select Enroll in WashU 2FA.
- Select Start Setup.
- Choose your device type and select Continue.
- Enter the device information, verify the number is correct by checking the box and select Continue.
- Choose the make of your device and select Continue.
- Open Duo Mobile on your device.
- Select OK to allow notifications and Accept the License Agreement.
- Select Add Account.
- On the computer, select I have Duo Mobile installed.
- The camera will activate on your device so that you can scan the bar code on the computer screen. Once the activation has been accepted select Continue.
- Select your default settings. Check the box to Automatically send me a: then select either Duo Push (recommended) or Phone Call and then select Save.