We have one remaining ITIL v4 Foundation training class for the year. As a reminder, this training is required of all WashU IT employees.
The 2-day class, consisting of watching a live webinar remotely, is on November 16, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – November 17, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The certification exam is optional unless required by your resource manager. If you intend to take the exam (optionally or required), you should enroll in the class. The vendor, StormWind, has not scheduled another class before our exam vouchers expire on February 24, 2021.
Additional classes will be offered in 2021.
Please work with your resource manager to avoid staffing deficiencies.
Please note that contractors and students workers are not eligible for the 2-day class and certification exam. Contractors and student workers should watch the 40-minute LinkedIn Learning ITIL Foundation 4 First Look video.
Registering for the ITIL Training
- Go to the WUIT – ITIL v4 Foundation course in Learn@Work.
- Select the Enroll button in Learn@Work to register for the November class.
- Add the training to your Outlook calendar.
Please note the following:
- During the week before your scheduled training, you will receive an email from Stormwind with your registration and login information, and an informational email from WashU IT Training.
- On Day 1 of your training, from 9:30 – 10:00 a.m., you will join a Teams Meeting to hear an introduction from Rick Herman. Assistance with accessing the training webinar is provided during the meeting.
- The training sometimes goes past 3 p.m. each class day.
Taking the ITIL Exam
After you complete the training, you will receive an email from WashU IT Training with the certification exam information, including how to prepare and request an exam voucher. Optionally, you may take the exam when you feel you are prepared to pass it. The exam is not required unless your resource manager requests that you do so.