The Cloud Computing Service provides access to and management of a range of cloud computing technologies, including but not limited to: virtual servers, data storage, serverless application hosting, container orchestration, and more. The service provides a range of options, including on-premise and vendor-hosted solutions, as well as WashU IT-managed and customer-managed solutions.
- Constrain on-premise data-center growth to avoid significant future capital expenses.
- Empower advanced research through rapidly scalable cloud computing/storage resources.
- Improve teaching, research, and patient care by providing access to and support for cutting-edge technologies available on cloud platforms.
- Maintain high uptime and availability for WashU computing and storage resources.
Requirements & Considerations
- Customers must be a current employee of Washington University in St. Louis.
- Customers must provide a funding source (FIS Charge number, PO Number, etc.) when requesting services.