There are concerns with the request approval process in the ServiceNow for IT services and support (wustl.service-now.com). We have devised a plan to address this, which includes identifying the desired approvers for departments and cost centers, then updating these in ServiceNow. A survey will soon be delivered to identify department approval preferences.
The process for request approvals in ServiceNow is as follows:
- User submits a request
- Operational approval – required for all IT service and equipment requests
- If operational approvers* are listed in the system for the requester’s department, the approval request goes to those that are listed.
- If no operational approvers are listed, the approval request goes to the requester’s direct supervisor.
- Budgetary approval
- If a cost is associated with the request, the approval request is sent to the budgetary approver for the cost center selected by the requester.
- If no cost is associated with the request, budgetary approval is not required.
*Operational approvers are individuals identified by departments to perform non-budgetary approvals in place of direct supervisors.
Have questions? Email us.