The Client Computing & Support service provides foundational desktop management and support services for both Windows and Mac platforms. Included in this service is desk-side support and administration of the end-user computing environment.
This service will deliver an up-to-date, secure computing environment for Washington University while providing assistance to faculty and staff enabling use of the resources necessary to deliver the missions of the university.
Requirements for Use
Customer computing end-points capable of running a vendor supported version of Windows or Mac OS.
Features & Options
Independent user service tier is intended for use by some faculty and some researchers who supply, manage, and maintain their own computing environment. This service includes the following:
- Enterprise supplied software (license restrictions may apply)
- On-line FAQ and tutorials
Fully supported service tier is intended for use by all Clinicians, Staff, most faculty, and most researchers. It contains all of the features in the Independent User Services as well as those detailed below:
- User direct desk-side support to rapidly resolve issues.
- Fully-managed desktop and laptop computers including keeping them up to date and installing new software for enterprise applications and departmentally-supplied applications.
- End user technology integration to assist departments with identifying and integrating end-user technologies.
- Loaner equipment for travel and to support ongoing business operations.
- Enhanced support for executives and senior faculty.
- Computer inventory tracking and lifecycle management.
Service Level Expectations (SLE)
|Service Request||Fulfillment Target|
|New computer installation||3 business days if ordered from in stock standard equipment|
|Software installation||3 business days for items available in the software catalog|
– In the case that a suitable device is not available from the standard configurations, WashU IT will work with the department to generate a custom quote from university approved vendors.
– All orders for equipment to be covered by this Service must be reviewed by WashU IT prior to ordering.
|5 business days|
|Offboarding device from support (decryption)||5 business days|
|Loaner equipment requests||Same day pickup or 2 business days for delivery|
Equipment will be delivered to the customer at a prearranged time when reservation is confirmed.