WashU IT uses the ServiceNow platform for its technology ticketing and IT asset management system. Your IT interactions, including break/fix support and requests for services, are all logged and tracked in ServiceNow.
- Interactions with an IT support provider will generate an email notification to you from WUSTL IT Services: <firstname.lastname@example.org> and will include a targeted link to the self-service portal that allows you to track your service ticket, progress and resolution. You will be prompted to login with your WUSTL Key and password to view your tickets.
- An easy method to update your ticket with additional information and/or stay abreast of changes
- Improved incident tracking and service request resolution
- A shared knowledge base to help customers and support staff with services that WashU IT supports
- Ability to manage and plan for IT assets throughout their lifecycle
- Robust reporting and dashboard capabilities
- Greater automation and self-service ability, which means less time spent talking with IT support providers