LinkedIn Learning is an on-demand learning solution designed to enhance the learner’s experience and provide skills and knowledge to facilitate a more informed and capable university community.
All current Washington University students, faculty, and staff now have access to LinkedIn Learning’s resources, which cover a broad range of topics from Adobe to Zoom.
With LinkedIn Learning, you get
- Unlimited access to more than 7,500 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics, including all Lynda.com content.
- Learn in multiple languages, including, but not limited to, English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese.
- Personalized recommendations of the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning. Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources. Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows.
Logging into LinkedIn Learning for the First Time
The first time you log into LinkedIn Learning is a multi-step process, however each subsequent login is quick and easy.
- Navigate to LinkedIn Learning, enter your @wustl.edu email address, and select Continue
- Enter your WUSTL Key credentials and select Login and
Grant permission via DOU if prompted to do so.
- Connect LinkedIn Learning with your existing LinkedIn account
Create a new LinkedIn account if you do not already have one
- You are now ready to use LinkedIn Learning, with access to 6000+ online video courses.
Click here for a LinkedIn Learning Tutorial to help you get the most out of your LinkedIn Learning experience.
Who should we contact for LinkedIn Learning Support?
Learners should contact LinkedIn Learning Support
If LinkedIn Learning experiences a widespread issue WashU IT will work with our vendor contacts through our Unplanned Outage process.
Privacy of Personal Information – Is a Public LinkedIn Profile Required?
No, it is not. It is possible to use LInkedIn Learning without a LinkedIn profile connection. Please note: Your training progress and completions can be posted to your LinkedIn account if it these are connected.
Please see LinkedIn Learning’s Privacy Information for LInkedIn Learning Learners help page for more information.
Can Manager’s See their Direct Report’s Training Progress and Completions?
Individuals with an Administrator profile in LinkedIn Learning can run reports on training completion. Please see LinkedIn Learning’s Privacy Information for LInkedIn Learning Learners help page for more information.
How can I control Ads and Marketing Emails from LinkedIn?
LinkedIn email settings can be configured by each individual. Please see the Managing the Types and Frequency of Email from LinkedIn help page for more information.
Can Instructors Include LinkedIn Learning Content in Their Courses? (FERPA considerations)
Instructors can link to LinkedIn Learning content in their courses.
Previous LinkedIn Learning Experience
Can I Keep My Previous LinkedIn Learning Completions?
Learners who connected their LinkedIn profile with their LinkedIn Learning account can transfer activity from accounts at other organizations. Please see the Switching Between LinkedIn Learning Accounts help page for more information.
Separation from the University and Learning Progress
How does separation from the University affect content access?
Only Active students, faculty, and staff have access to learning content. Their learning history will remain reportable by administrators.
Is my Learning History Accessible and Preserved after Separation?
Learners who connected their LinkedIn profile with their LinkedIn Learning account will retain their learning history and progress via their LinkedIn account.
How is Previous Lynda.com Completion Posted / Archived?
You can Link your Lynda account to LInkedIn and then associate your LinkedIn account with the WUSTL organizational login, which transfers the Lynda.com history to your LinkedIn Learning account. (Following the Login Instructions above will link these accounts)
If this process did not work for your account please contact the LinkedIn Learning support team for assistance.