Submitted by Matt Arthur
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
A/V & Media Services is dedicated to be a customer-service ‘first’ organization providing multi-media support to Washington University faculty, staff and students. We provide leadership for the use of multi-media technology for University administration and school activities. We support existing technologies while facilitating the evaluation, selection and implementation of new tools and technologies. We divide ourselves between,
Enterprise Services (a la carte):
- A/V Consulting & Advising
- Digital Signage
- Event Production
- Video Conferencing (Zoom)
School/Department Contact Services:
- Direct A/V Teaching & Learning support to Brown School and MD Program
- Evening and Weekend A/V Event support to Brown School and Arts & Sciences
We are made up of 11 dedicated professionals spread out over three campuses while providing service and support to every campus and clinic in the St. Louis Metro Area.
Most of the team has been back on campus on a regular basis for over a year working with groups like OMSE (Office of Medical School Education) to assure hybrid, local and distance learning sessions happened without issue and were recorded with the same professional equipment used in the control booth.
A few projects happening now include:
- IPTV – we are adding IPTV to our CATV offering for our residential students. Installation and testing and roll-out should all occur this summer and into fall with the help of our teams throughout WashU IT.
- Digital Signage computer upgrades – we are in the midst of upgrading what was over 200 digital signs using Windows 7 to new computers with Windows 10. If you think this applies to you, feel free to reach out to Beth Buchanan or you will be notified at some point this summer.
- A/V Consulting & Advising – we in the midst of over 30 upgrades and new construction that involves audio-visual installs with no end in sight as WashU continues to expand and recycle.
- Zoom – WashU IT pushes out new versions of the Zoom App to managed computers, but we always encourage each person to check for and upgrade when new versions come out.
- Zoom – We are in the last stretch of implementing live transcriptions for the HIPAA Zoom instance. Coming SOON!!!