Clinical Operations Support provides technology support and coordination that is required by the clinical environment.
Physicians and other clinical staff will receive a higher level of IT support including assistance logging and tracking incidents and providing a higher level of communication to clinic leadership.
Requirements & Considerations
Must be a clinical environment
Features & Options
This service is determined by the number of clinical environments requiring coverage. Clinics can choose to have part-time or full-time coverage. Cost is dependent on number of clinics requiring coverage.
- Assist clinical areas with submitting incident tickets in ServiceNow
- Augment Quality Assurance resources in regard to clinical systems test plan development and coordination of unit and user acceptance testing
- Clinical Incident management and tracking from onset to resolution providing direct communication to clinic management
- Coordination of clinical upgrades and initiatives with multiple required stakeholders (FPP, BJC, HIP)
- Create and maintain inventories required by EPIC
- Familiarity with equipment used with the clinical environment, assist with interfacing with vendor to facilitate problem resolutions (e.g. work with vendor to find replacement parts for Welch Allen machines)
- Identification and management of problems or trends that affect the technology within the clinical environment
- Liaison responsible for total familiarity with clinical software, workflows, clinical equipment, and custom needs within clinic
- Liaison schedule flexibility to accommodate clinical schedule variations for non-project moves or machine replacement
- M-Modal and other cross-clinical initiatives organized and reinforced with MA and support staff of clinic
- New Fellow and Resident training and orientation
- Onsite coordination and liaison activities to support voice recognition workflow, software, or equipment issues encountered within the clinic
- Participation on boards that dictate clinical technology strategic direction
- Scheduled both onsite and offsite clinical technology training at the request of Clinical Managers to orient clinical users with environment (e.g. microphone set up for voice recognition software)
- Serve as a consultant and partner in optimizing the environment within the clinical areas and ensure technology is being utilized efficiently
- Serve as a consultant to management within Clinical Areas in regards to new ideas and innovations and how they translate to the WUIT environment and overall technology strategy
- Supplement desk side staff to support users in areas that do not allow for updates to be automated (i.e. areas with large amounts of thin clients)
- Support for clinical initiatives (e.g. early M-Modal training program; Captivate training modules)