Attention all School of Medicine students, faculty, and staff
School of Medicine students, faculty, and staff are prohibited from forwarding their Wustl provided email addresses to an email address external to the university (non @wustl.edu) with the exception of @bjc.org and @va.gov email domains.
Note: Washington University Faculty and Staff are strongly encouraged NOT to forward messages to external email services. Those that direct delivery of University email mail to an outside service do so at their own risk.
Note: The Washington University Information Security and HIPAA Privacy Office E-Mail Security Policy specifically states that “Auto-forwarding WashU email accounts containing protected information to any external mail service (Google, Yahoo, etc.) is not permitted.”
To forward all email from your Office 365 account to another email service:
- Login to your Office 365 email account via the web at email.wustl.edu/mail
- In the top right corner of your screen, locate the Settings menu represented by a gear icon.
- When the Settings pane appears, Select View all Outlook setting.
- In the Mail section, select Forwarding.
- Check Enable forwarding and then type in the email address to which your mail should be forwarded.
- Check the box to indicate whether you want to keep a copy of forwarded messages in your Office 365 account. If you keep a copy and do not periodically check your Office 365 account, then the inbox will run out of space and you will stop receiving forwarded messages.
- Select Save.
Back to Email & Calendars page.