Program Status: In Progress
Program/Project Manager: Randy Gadell, email@example.com
To build central IT infrastructure and services that allow the WashU Researcher to focus on their research instead of acquisition and support of their own IT infrastructure. This multi-year program will have a portfolio of advanced IT projects designed to support and attract researchers, and put Washington University in a more competitive position to qualify for research funding.
- Transition research IT personnel into a new research IT focused group (RIS) to develop, design, implement, and support the advanced IT infrastructure in a platform-as-a-service model.
- Develop High-performance data storage services
- Develop HPC High-performance computing services
- Integrate storage services and compute services with research web services
- Develop software support services for common research community applications
- Provide design services for systems and workflow
- Educate WashU staff on the availability and use of the RIS services.
- To identify and continually evolve IT services for WashU researchers
|Establish the IRIS (IT Research Infrastructure Services) Program||March 2017|
|Establish RIS (Research Infrastructure Services) Team||July 2017|
|Research Data Storage Services Project 5TB, High-Performance||Available Now|
|Research IT Service Catalog||In Progress|
|Research Community Applications Support Services RedHat, MATLAB, etc.||Available Now|
|Research Storage Services Phase 2|
Globus, Collaboration, etc.
Electronic Lab Notebook
|Research Compute Services Project|
Scientific Super Computing
|Jenny Lodge||Vice Chancellor of Research||Chair|
|Phillip Payne||Prof of Medicine, WUSM||Sponsor|
|Randy Gadell||Program Manager||Program / Project Manager|
|Albert Lai||Chief Research Information Officer||Informatics Institute, CRIO, Research Stakeholder|
|Tao Ju||Associate Dean for Research||SEAS Stakeholder|
|Craig Pohl||Senior Director, RIS||Service Owner|
|Ken Keller||Director of Arts & Sciences Computing||Arts & Sciences Stakeholder|