Note: Washington University Faculty and Staff are strongly encouraged NOT to forward messages to external email services. Those that direct delivery of University email mail to an outside service do so at their own risk. Please see the Washington University Externally Hosted Computing Services Appropriate Use Guidelines for additional information.
Note: The Washington University Information Security and HIPAA Privacy Office E-Mail Security Policy specifically states that “Autoforwarding WashU E-mail accounts containing protected information to any external mail service (Google, Yahoo, etc.) is not permitted.”
To forward all email from your Office 365 account to another email service:
- Login to your Office 365 email account via the web at email.wustl.edu/mail
- In the top right corner of your screen, locate the Settings menu represented by a gear icon.
- When the Settings pane appears, click the Mail link under “Your app settings” near the bottom of the pane.
- In the Options menu on the left side of the page, select Mail – Accounts – Forwarding.
- Under Forwarding, click Start Forwarding and then type in the email address to which your mail should be forwarded.
- Check the box to indicate whether you want to keep a copy of forwarded messages in your Office 365 account. If you keep a copy and do not periodically check your Office 365 account, then the inbox will run out of space and you will stop receiving forwarded messages.
- Click Save.
back to Email & Calendars page