Students who have recently graduated or left the university are eligible to transition their WUSTL Box enterprise account to a personal Box account for 90 days after departure. Students who transition their account will no longer have unlimited storage, and will instead have the standard Box personal account storage allocation. If no action is taken, your WUSTL Box account will be deactivated and deleted 90 days after graduation.
NOTE: The WUSTL Box account transfer utility is not available until after your academic program is closed out by your registrar and your University role changes to Alumni.
Step 1 – Add a non-WUSTL email address to your personal Box account:
- Login to WUSTL Box
- In the upper right corner of your WUSTL Box account, click your name and select Account Settings
- Under Login and Email Addresses, click Add more emails
- Enter your non-WUSTL email address (Note: you cannot add an email address that is already associated with another Box account)
- Confirm your non-WUSTL email address via the email link sent by Box
Step 2 – Transfer your WUSTL Box account to a personal Box account:
- Visit the WUSTL Key Self Service page and login using your WUSTL Key
- Once logged in, click on the left-side menu button labeled Box Account Transfer Utility
- Confirm that you would like to transfer your WUSTL Box account – note that once you transfer your WUSTL Box account to a personal Box account, you will no longer be able to login to your Box account using your WUSTL Key and your @wustl.edu address will be removed from your Box account.
- Click ‘Transfer’
- The utility will run and will notify you on completion
Step 3 – Set a personal Box account password:
- Check your personal email account for a message from <email@example.com> – this email will contain a link to reset your personal Box account password
- If that email does not appear, go to https://app.box.com/reset to request a password reset link
- Click the password reset link in the email
- Set a new personal Box account password – you will then be logged in to your personal Box account