How do I get a WUSTL Box account?
Simply login using your WUSTL Key at wustl.app.box.com and your WUSTL Box account will be created. Note: you must have a WUSTL KEY, an @wustl.edu email address, and be a current faculty, staff, or student to login and create a WUSTL Box account.
How much storage space will I have in my WUSTL Box account?
All WUSTL Box accounts have unlimited storage.
Can I request additional storage for my WUSTL Box account?
There is no need to request additional storage as all WUSTL Box accounts have an unlimited storage allocation.
What is the individual file size limit for the WUSTL Box system?
The WUSTL Box system accepts individual files up to 15GB in size.
How does WUSTL Box handle versioning?
The WUSTL Box system stores up to 100 versions of a file. You can revert to a past version at any time. Versions are stored indefinitely until the 101st copy is saved, at which time the first version will be lost.
What email address should I use when I share a file or folder with another person at WUSTL?
In order to ensure that you are sharing files and folders only with WUSTL Box accounts, please make sure to only use @wustl.edu addresses (such as firstname.lastname@example.org) when sharing in Box.
As a student, can I keep my WUSTL Box account after graduation?
Recent graduates are given a 90 day grace period after graduation during which time they can transition their WUSTL Box account to a personal Box account in order to easily take their files with them. For additional information, please see our Transition Account page.
Can I use WUSTL Box to share files with people outside of the university?
Yes, as long as it is appropriate to share the data outside of the university. You can either share a link to a file or invite collaborators who have non-WUSTL Box accounts to work on a file.
Can I restrict who has access to a shared file?
Yes. Box allows you to share files with the world, with only those who have a link, or only with specific individuals within the WUSTL Box system. If the invited collaborator does not have a Box account, he/she can follow the instructions in the collaboration invitation email to create a free personal Box account. See more detailed information here.
Why are some files that I see in my WUSTL Box account on the Web not visible in the “Box Sync” folder on my desktop?
Files uploaded to WUSTL Box through the Web interface are not synced by default. You must enable the sync feature on each folder you wish to sync to your computer.
How do I share files with an external collaborator?
Below are the recommended steps for sharing files with someone outside of the university:
- In the Box Web interface, create a new folder and insert all files that you wish to share.
- Click the “More Options” button for the folder and select “Invite Collaborators”.
- Enter the email address for each person that you want to collaborate with.
- Each will receive an email inviting them to collaborate. This email will also contain instructions on creating a new personal Box account if they do not already have one. Once an individual accepts the invitation to collaborate, he/she can access the specified content based on the collaboration permissions you have enabled.
- You will receive an email notification when collaborators have accepted the invitation.
How do I transfer my work files to my WUSTL Box account?
Below are the recommended steps for moving your work files into WUSTL Box:
- If your files are stored on a shared network drive, copy the files to a local folder on your computer.
- Install the Box Sync app on your computer and login using your WUSTL KEY.
- Copy and paste or select/drag/drop to move your work files into your newly created Box Sync folder. The Box Sync app will copy all of the files to your WUSTL Box account. If you access and edit the files in the Box Sync folder, you will always have access to the most up-to-date versions of your files through Box cloud storage.
- Note: If you do not wish to use the Box Sync app, you can:
- Login to the WUSTL Box Web interface.
- Drag-and-drop your files from the local folder directly to your WUSTL Box webpage to copy them to your WUSTL Box account.
- Click here to view a video with more detailed instructions.