At WashU IT we understand that diversity, equity, and inclusion are values that unite us as a team, enhance our work environment, and enable everyone to bring their best selves to work every day. Because of this awareness, we have formed a Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) Committee to help us reflect and understand what we are doing well and what we can improve upon.
The Committee is dedicated to asking tough questions and seeking input from all members of WashU IT. Your insights will guide us as we move forward and ensure that we truly are a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to work.
WashU IT commits to providing leadership, engagement, and growth efforts within the organization to create a welcoming, diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where everyone is valued and respected, the culture is diverse, and the climate is a safe workspace for all employees
- Aligning with the University’s vision for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, we are working hard to build a framework for progress and a structure of support for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Provide opportunities for training and engagement to broaden our understanding of DEI and support those in WashU IT.
- Establish and implement a clear communications strategy to help teams collaborate and meet WashU IT DEI goals.
- Provide data and tools to facilitate effective constructive dialog around DEI.
- A successful solution will drive concrete action leading to a more inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
Due to the challenging topics discussed, the DEI Committee created the following guiding principles to support healthy, respectful conversations within the group.
- All voices are heard
- Speak from personal experience
- What’s said here stays here; what’s learned here leaves here
- Listen to understand
- Assume good intent
- Teach, don’t preach
- Be respectful
To promote discussion and provide a glimpse into our colleagues’ experiences, the WashU IT Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Committee has interviewed several IT team members.
VARIANT – A DEI Newsletter for WashU IT Staff
Learning opportunities can be found on the Academy’s website.
If you believe that you have been subjected to discrimination or harassment, please contact the WUIT Human Resources Employee Relations team at email@example.com. Please refer to the Discrimination and Harassment policy for information about confidentiality.