Submitted by Thomas Walker
We are your Customer Relationship Manager. Think of us as a partner, as our focus is building relationships and effective communications that enable you to better leverage information and technology in support of your individual missions. We work to bridge the gap between the customer and IT by being the voice of the customer to IT and the voice of IT to the customer.
We work to be the:
“Voice of the Customer to IT” —and— “Voice of IT to the Customer”
1. Communicate | 2. Escalate | 3. Facilitate
Customer Advocacy: We advocate for customer needs and those of the campus community.
Feedback: We ensure the OCIO and Service Owners hear the campus feedback needed to make good decisions and service improvements that align with campus needs.
Transparency: We strive to build a balanced view by tracking customer issues and collecting information on Units’ experiences with IT services to build a qualitative view of IT service quality (Unit Rating), and sharing the data with OCIO, Service Owners, and Units.
Making connections: We work to identify and bring the right people together to address & collaborate on technology issues and needs.
Our approach is to ensure that your:
- Needs and drivers are understood, and services are prioritized appropriately
- Satisfaction is high, and a constructive relationship between the organization and stakeholder is established and maintained
- Priorities for new or changed services, in alignment with desired business outcomes, are set and articulated
- Complaints and escalations are managed well through a sympathetic yet formal process
How are we going about this?
- Increasing Customer Satisfaction
- Reducing service delivery friction reported by customers
- Enhancing customer experiences by actively listening and translating concerns/desires to Service Owners
- Increasing bi-directional communication between the University Schools & Departments and WashU IT
2. Making WashU IT the Business Partner of Choice
- Communicating with customers regarding changes on the horizon
- Conducting dialogues with customers regarding their needs, expectations, and preferences
- Identifying gaps in our services that the businesses need
3. Increasing Internal Coordination within WashU IT
- Convening multiple departments to coordinate and identify opportunities for WashU IT to provide consistent, valued services.
- A strong partnership with the CIO Lead Team, exchanging of information to establish open communication.
The WashU IT CRM team is an advocate for the customer. We are the Voice of the Customer. We build trusted relationships, understand our customer’s needs, and create an alignment of the organization and services to become a great partner.
We value your time, and drive a positive impact by bringing action from our interactions.
To be most effective, we must create a consistent experience for all customers.
- We must say what we are going to do and when we are going to do it!
- We must do what we say we are going to do!
- We must be engaged!
Our goal is to establish new relationships, grow current relationships, and grow with you as our customers.
“It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.” ~Jeff Bezos
Want to know more about us or who is your CRM?
Check out CRM at https://it.wustl.edu/help/customer-relationship-management/
Contact us via email at WashU_IT-CRM@email.wustl.edu
We look forward to working with you!