Additional impact from this outage has been reported.
- Users are not receiving inbound messages from non-wustl.edu email addresses.
- Other applications and workflows that use external emailing are affected by this outage. Some examples are:
- Scan to wustl.edu email
- Email to print (PaperCut)
- Faxcom (Biscom)
- Listserv Maestro
- Server monitoring systems email alerts
- ServiceNow email support requests
Original Outage Message:
Washington University Information Technology has detected an issue where emails sent to external email addresses (non @wustl.edu) are bouncing back and not being delivered. Senders are receiving error messages similar to the example below. We are investigating the issue, actively working with Microsoft, and will provide updates as they become available.
Example error message: “Your message wasn’t delivered because the recipient’s email provider rejected it.”
We appreciate your patience as we work to restore service.